Saturday, April 30, 2011

Mr. Swine Gets a Room

I'm currently on the 8th floor of a fancy hotel overlooking downtown Durham, North Carolina.All I really need is a quiet, smoke free room. I checked in yesterday, the woman handed me my room key saying "Mr. Swine your room is 327." She was instantly embarrassed, and I enjoyed a good laugh as well.

When I got up to 327, the room was still rock band trashed... so Mr. Swine headed back down to see his front desk friend. This time she gave me a room on the second floor. This turned out to be the handicapped room. I didn't even open the door, and went back down for a new key. This time it was a little more tricky finding a room in the hotel system, but she managed to track one down on the eighth floor.

What could go wrong? The locked connecting door in the room appears to contain a young Robert Plant behind it. This little guy screamed and cried for hours yesterday. In fact, he just woke me up. At one point during his scream fest yesterday, I thought I heard him actually screaming the Atlanta Braves war chant, so I played it on my laptop while he was screaming. It actually sounded great. By the way, click here from one of my favorite pow wows.

Driving down here I let the radio simply scan through the stations. I landed on a sermon by Alistair Begg on patience. It was classic Begg, one in which you forget you're listening to a sermon as it turns into a stand up comedy routine. Little did I realize, I wouldn't be laughing about poor Alistair struggling with patience, once I got to Durham, North Carolina.

5 comments:

Carrie said...

You're comparing a screaming child to Robert Plant? That better be some lovely screaming.

James Swan said...

No joke- if I had a camera I'd snap a picture. Out in the courtyard below they're having some sort of tribal drum festival. It's been about 3 hours of drumming.

Anonymous said...

Oh, how horrible, huh?:::>

Luk 2:4 And Joseph also went up from Galilee, from the town of Nazareth, to Judea, to the city of David, which is called Bethlehem, because he was of the house and lineage of David,
Luk 2:5 to be registered with Mary, his betrothed, who was with child.
Luk 2:6 And while they were there, the time came for her to give birth.
Luk 2:7 And she gave birth to her firstborn son and wrapped him in swaddling cloths and laid him in a manger,
because there was no place for them in the inn.

Carrie said...

Out in the courtyard below they're having some sort of tribal drum festival. It's been about 3 hours of drumming.

Mr. Swine should have brought his guitar, or stick, or whatever you call it.

James Swan said...

Fun in Durham for Mr. Swine comes to a close. Now, for some on route 95, maybe some extra fun around Washington DC.