Friday, June 29, 2007

Catholic apologist Robert Sungenis appears to be having some problems getting an imprimatur for his recent work. Read about it here. Also, the Envoy folks are dealing with this as well.

I wasn't going to comment on this, but the irony of a Catholic apologist who claims to have refuted every Protestant he's faced hanging around outside a Catholic apologetic conference, rather than actually attending it is too tempting not to mention:

"I will be attending the Defending the Faith Conference in Steubenville, Ohio (Friday, July 27 - Sunday, July 29th), for the seventh time this year. I say "attending" but actually I will just be hanging out in the little "square" near the entrance to the main conference auditorium, because I'm not actually paying for the conference (as a poor apologist with four children, whose work relatively few deem worthy of financial support, I can't afford it, and am blessed to be able to stay with a local friend, to save on lodging costs). The last time I was there, they had a television outside the auditorium, so that people could actually view the speakers live, even if not registered."